Do you ever wish for a moment of peace from the kids? Maybe you’ve been wanting to go to a spa, but just can’t seem to find the time for yourself. Well, we have a perfect recipe for you that’s ideal for the spring weather. Not only will it keep the kids entertained, but you’ll also be able to treat yourself to a luxurious, and relaxing bath at the end.
Let’s make the bath bomb together!
You can start the whole process with the kids on a spring walk outside. You and your kids can pick your favorite flowers to make your bath even more enjoyable. For example, daisies or forget-me-nots are ideal.
Bring the flowers home, dry them, and then you can start making the bath bomb. You will need a large bowl to mix the ingredients and a silicone muffin tray or ice tray.
- 1 cup of citric acid
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of epsom salt (or other bath salt)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (not necessary, the oil is there only for scent, we recommend skipping it if you have sensitive skin)
- In a large bowl, combine citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and epsom salt.
- Add coconut oil and mix well until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Add an essential oil of your choice and mix well.
- Add water and half of the dried flowers and gently work through until the mixture starts to hold together. You should have a mouldable consistency.
- Line the mould with flowers and layer the mixture on top of them and press down firmly.
- Let the mixture to dry in a dry and cool place for at least 24 hours.
- Remove the bath bombs from the moulds and enjoy a relaxing bath.
If the mixture falls apart, you can add a little water and mix it well again. If the mixture is too wet, add more baking soda and citric acid.
Great job! To finish off, treat yourself to a relaxing bath with your favorite aroma while the kids have fun with their flower bath. Now enjoy your well-deserved break!
GS tip: The bomb is awesome! The skin is soft and ideally “oiled”, but without feeling greasy. The flowers may bother some people as they float around, my daughter is scared of them :), however it’s great for me! A nice, fragrant and gentle bath.